Wind and solar energy play an increasingly important role in diversifying our nation’s energy portfolio and provide benefits for our climate and economy. The cost of renewable energy technology has steadily declined and is projected to decline even further as markets mature and companies increasingly take advantage of the long-term projected growth. As a leader in the renewable energy market, Gemini is well positioned to provide technical consulting and advisory services in support of the continued growth of these markets.
Gemini provides solutions through integrated engineering, construction management, operations and maintenance and program management services across all phases of renewable energy assets. Our geographic distribution and depth of resources enable us to rapidly respond, providing a support network that understands the local environment and regulatory climate.
Wind, Solar, Battery Storage, and Grid Interconnection
- Owners Engineer/Independent Engineer
- Construction oversight
- Site design and technology review
- Conceptual design
- Interconnect planning, analyses, and design
- Transportation studies, planning, and permitting
- Electrical/mechanical/civil/structural detailed design
- Balance of plant detailed design and design review
- Geotechnical, geophysical, and thermal resistivity investigations
- Drainage, erosion, and sediment control design
- Operations and maintenance contract analysis
- Operational reliability assessment
- Renewable generation performance reporting
- Operational and performance improvement support
- Power curve testing
- Mechanical loads testing
- Customized validation testing services
- Root cause analysis investigations
- Major corrective development and execution
- Value engineering
- Engineering support—environmental assessment and permitting
- Program management
- Commissioning/re-powering support
- Operations and maintenance services
- Engineering and project management support for correctives, upgrades and warranty inspections
Renewable energy experience highlights
Cook Inlet Region, Inc. Fire Island Wind Project
Tetra Tech provided design engineering, procurement, and construction services for this project on Fire Island, which is located three miles off the coast of Anchorage, Alaska. Tetra Tech was the prime contractor, erecting the wind turbines and associated facilities, including the underground collection system, collector switch yard, operations and maintenance building, meteorological tower, access roads, foundations, and crane pads.
Santa Rita East Wind Energy Project
Tetra Tech prepared the Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plan (SWPPP) for Production Tax Credit construction on the 300 MW, 120-turbine project. Tetra Tech worked with the client in coordinating temporary and permanent vegetative stabilization requirements with Soil and Water Conservation District representative and Texas A&M AgriLife Extension for site-specific conditions; prepared the SWPPP, including all best management practices in accordance with Texas-specific controls, conditions, and practices.
Peyton Creek Wind Farm Project
The Peyton Creek Wind Farm Project is a 48-turbine, 150 MW wind project. Tetra Tech’s scope is to prepare the civil design for the roadway layout, including design drawings that address erosion and sediment controls, as well as storm water and pollution prevention practices for the site. Additionally, Tetra Tech developed a drainage impact study for the project that detailed the installed design elements, including environmental conditions, permits, roadway elements, right-of-way considerations, geotechnical considerations, and hydrologic and hydraulic criteria.
Hoods Mill Sanitary Landfill Solar Facility
Tetra Tech assisted SunEdison in the solar array facility design on the existing Hoods Mill Sanitary Landfill. The approximately 2.3 MW system consisted of almost 9,500 modules. Tetra Tech’s design incorporated small-scale stormwater management practices, nonstructural techniques, and optimized site planning to mimic natural hydrologic runoff characteristics and minimize the impact on water resources.
Let Gemini earn your business!